Experienced product and go-to-market strategist with a record of approaching business questions through an analytical lens and driving action through that analysis.
|Product research and strategy development||Executive presentation and public speaking|
|Go-to-market strategy and content development||Technical background, both as a dev and dev lead|
Earthly Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Director of Product & Marketing 2022-present
Twilio Segment Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Senior Product Marketing Manager 2021-2022
Lead go-to-market messaging, campaign planning, and launches for all of Segment’s core features and its data infrastructure innovation initiative. Collaborate with Product Management on product strategy, product roadmap, and product design docs.
- Collaborated with Product Management on product strategy, product roadmap, and product design docs. I’ve significantly influenced what we are building for release in the next year and the plan for the next 3 years. I primarily work with PM, more than PMM or Marketing.
- Came up with and co-wrote the first two blog posts in a thought leadership series about the modern data stack (first post, second post). Collaborated with PM to build a strategy around the content and distribute writing across our team of subject matter experts in R&D.
- Led go-to-market for Regional Segment – Segment deployed on EU infrastructure – a major GDPR-focused feature. Wrote the launch blog post. It was Segment’s most significant product launch in Q1 2022.
- Launched several other features of varying scale – 14 launches in H1 2022. Wrote and edited multiple launch blog posts and launch communications and enabled the Sales team on important new features.
Yugabyte Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Yugabyte Cloud May 2021-September 2021
Led go-to-market strategy and execution for Yugabyte Cloud – Yugabyte’s fully-managed distributed SQL database. Wrote content and delivered webinars.
- Launched Yugabyte Cloud. Wrote positioning and messaging. Wrote web page copy. Edited press release and launch blog. Coordinated launch campaign.
- Wrote technical blog posts and customer case studies.
- Initiated and managed sponsorships and promotions with Scott Hanselman and Corey Quinn (developer “influencers”) and a few tech publications.
RudderStack Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Product Marketing Lead October 2020-April 2021
First US-based Marketing hire, and first Marketing lead. Introduced a product launch process and cadence, executed launches, wrote brand and launch messaging, built a content narrative and strategy, wrote thought leadership, edited all significant content, presented at conferences, initiated sponsorships and promotions, and generally led marketing excluding Demand Generation.
- Introduced launch tiers and a launch cadence and formalized the launch process. Built a standard, tiered template for launch activities that made it easy to appropriately size launch efforts based on importance while ensuring all appropriate tactics are executed. Launches were scheduled monthly and feature roundups were scheduled bi-weekly.
- Executed several launches. Managed the launch process. Wrote launch messaging to guide content creation. Wrote launch blog posts and edited ancillary launch posts. Wrote and released press releases.
- Wrote and coordinated social posts and community posts. Built audiences and promoted posts on LinkedIn and Twitter when paid promotional was appropriate.
- Wrote brand messaging and product/feature messaging. Created the overall brand messaging guide and individual messaging for each major feature/SKU. Wrote all of the copy for their April/May/June 2021 website refresh.
- Acted as Editor for all of RudderStack’s content. Built a content narrative and strategy for their 3-person, India-based Content team and the leadership team to execute on. Edited all non-templatized content. Wrote CDP-focused thought leadership.
- Initiated and managed sponsorships and promotions with The New Stack (content affiliate), dev.to (multiple podcasts), The Data Engineering Podcast, changelog (podcast and newsletter), and more.
- Pitched RudderStack at SXSW Pitch 2021 (pitch video) RudderStack was selected as 1 of 40 finalists for SXSW’s annual startup accelerator. I wrote and recorded the pitch video and answered for a recorded live Q&A that was broadcast live at SXSW 2021.
- Launch Examples: Free tier launch (launch blog, press release, dev.to post), ETL and Reverse-ETL feature launch (launch blog, ETL-specific blog, Reverse-ETL-specific blog, press release).
- CDP-focused Thought Leadership: Why You Don’t Want a Customer Data Platform on The New Stack, How Data Engineers Use Automation to Give Your Business a Data-Backed Foundation on The New Stack, and Redefine Customer Data Analytics Using an Open Source Stack on The New Stack (misattributed), about 10 more posts on RudderStack's blog, and several dev.to posts.
New Relic Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Principal Product Marketing Manager, Open Source May 2020-October 2020
Led go-to-market strategy and execution for New Relic open source site and the launch of their open source instrumentation. Collaborated closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Solutions Engineering to identify opportunities for open source contribution that could lead to publicity for the company.
- Built go-to-market plans and calendars for launches and executed them. Major contributor to and editor of launch blog posts. Wrote press releases when needed as part of launches. Coordinated with Communications to pitch launch stories to media outlets and facilitate/take part in media interviews.
- Collaborated with Demand Generation and across Marketing to plan and execute developer-targeted open source campaigns.
- Built relationships with Engineering and Solutions Consulting to find the best, most useful, or most interesting open source software built by New Relic to launch and publicize.
- Wrote thought leadership and represented the company as a speaker at conferences.
- Launch Examples: Open source website launch (launch blog), open source agents launch (launch blog, press release, InfoQ coverage Comms & I coordinated, The New Stack coverage Comms & I coordinated).
Principal Solutions Marketing Manager, Digital Customer Experience 2018-2020
Built the strategy for New Relic’s Digital Customer (DCX) solution and executed on it. Led creation of DCX Marketing and Sales content. Integrated DCX into New Relic’s campaigns and tactics. Represented New Relic as an external speaker.
- Built New Relic’s DCX solution strategy. Analyzed internal and external content developed for and tactics previously used by other New Relic solutions. Performed competitive analysis. Developed a DCX content and tactics roadmap and calendar.
- Wrote New Relic’s DCX solution positioning and messaging. Described how we wanted the DCX solution perceived by the market, who our targeted personas were, and wrote taglines, copy blocks, and email templates for use by Marketing and Sales.
- Created DCX solution content for Sales. Collaborated with the solution consulting group from Sales to build industry specific DCX content (e.g. pitch decks, solution guide decks, industry primers, discovery questions, objection handling, etc.). Targeted four industries: Media, Retail, FinServ, and Travel.
- Integrated DCX solution into Marketing campaigns and tactics. Worked cross-functionally with demand generation, content and creative, digital marketing, and field marketing. Led creation of and co-wrote content (e.g. articles, solution sheets, white papers, etc.) and landing pages. Developed an event response campaign and cadence.
- Represented New Relic as an external speaker. Presented on the importance of DCX for modern, digital businesses and connecting technical application performance to business outcomes. Presented at New Relic’s FutureStack Los Angeles 2019, WP Engine Summit 2019, and Gartner IT Symposium Xpo 2019.
AT&T Mobility & Entertainment El Segundo, CA
Lead Product Marketing Manager, Video Lifecycle Strategy 2017-2018
Built analytical models and business cases for strategic project analysis. Managed enablement projects for product go-to-market, ensuring ancillary systems and processes worked correctly for customers.
- Built the analytical model and business case that got Netflix on DIRECTV Stream’s streaming box. Built analytical scenario model comparing multiple levels of integration with Netflix. Collaborated across teams in Marketing, Finance, and AT&T Corporate Strategy to align on assumptions and key takeaways and to build the executive presentation deck.
- Developed product sunsetting strategy for AT&T’s IPTV service. Built a yearly profitability model for the IPTV service. Used existing subscriber and revenue as well as churn and churn acceleration projections to project revenue 5 years forward. Collaborated with engineering to build a 5-year IPTV cost projection model.
- Managed product enablement projects. Insured customer-impacting issues did not occur because of internal, cross-team coordination issues. (e.g. Got a customer authentication feature for AT&T TV’s upcoming streaming box in the product backlog, engaged a 3rd party to provide at-home delivery for AT&T TV’s upcoming streaming box, etc.).
- Built profitability models, business cases, and recommendations for VP and SVP-initiated innovation proposals (e.g. TV service for Cricket Mobile customers, a hyperlocal video service, etc.).
Deloitte Digital / Deloitte Consulting Los Angeles, CA
Manager (Consulting) 2016-2017
Trusted partner to clients, consulting at Fox for ~2 years. Led teams to create, expand, and maintain custom-built business applications for a diverse set of companies, from startup (Human Longevity Inc.) to Fortune 10 (AT&T).
- Led expansion and maintenance of Fox Theatrical’s global release planning application. Managed two different teams of onshore and offshore consultants and developers through two major expansion projects. Led a cross-functional teams of marketing users, IT leadership, and our consultants through the entire SDLC for each project.
- Served as a trusted client partner. Traveled with my primary client at Fox to Europe and Asia to introduce Global Marketing to major updates of the global release planning application and promote application use in non-Domestic regions. Also used these trips to gather first-hand feedback on the application that informed future features and fixes.
- Recognized with “Extraordinary Moments” award from company leadership for being a company-wide top performer at my level multiple years consecutively.
Senior Consultant 2014-2016
Managed tech consulting projects for a variety of companies. Led teams of business analysts, consultants, and developers through project design and delivery (e.g. Led a team through development of a digital marketing transformation roadmap for a major grocery wholesaler, led a team through the deployment of a tailored Salesforce CRM application for a biotech startup, etc.).
Summer Associate 2013
Defined program management processes and quality management plan for a multi-project, customer service enhancement program at T-Mobile. Established PMO reporting templates and cadence.
National Technical Systems Calabasas, CA
Microsoft Dynamics ERP Administrator 2009-2012
Led a cross-company ERP implementation serving 600+ business users at 20+ facilities. Managed 2 internal developers and 7 consultants through design, development, and delivery of system customizations.
- Led cross-functional team of business users from finance, sales, marketing, operations, and IT; developers; and consultants to consolidate fragmented CRM, sales, and financial systems into a single ERP system.
- Owned yearly project CapEx budget for the ERP system. Worked with CIO to build yearly CapEx requests. Managed hardware purchases, software licensing, 3rd party add-on licensing, and consulting costs.
- DBA for the SQL Server database. Built and maintained offsite redundancy and failover mechanisms for the database. Managed all ERP report development.
Timber Products Company Springfield, OR
Computer Programmer / Analyst 2007-2009
Collaborated with business users from inventory management, sales, logistics, accounting, and finance to design, development, and delivery of enhancements to the company’s Microsoft Dynamics ERP system. Designed and built reports and led reporting infrastructure development.
University of Southern California
MBA, Masters of Business Administration (3.78 GPA) May 2014
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Honor Society.
- Program Lead, Marshall Case Competition Program.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Business Advisory Council Research Project. Foreign Direct Investment across APEC: Impediments and Opportunities for Improvement.
- Large, 12-person, MBA research project sponsored by and presented to APEC.
- Director of Technology Consulting, Marshall Consulting & Strategy Club.
- Business of Entertainment Graduate Certificate from the USC School of Cinematic Arts, May 2014.
Oregon State University
BS, Computer Science (3.61 GPA) June 2007
- Cum Laude.
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon, Computer Science Honor Society.
- Software: Google G Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Adobe Photoshop, Asana, Smartsheets, Trello, InVision, and too many more to list.
- Interests: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt, photographer, and former marathoner (including Boston 2009).