Experienced marketer and strategist with a record of approaching business questions through an analytical lens and driving action through that analysis.
- Data analysis and data driven decision making
- Marketing strategy and content development
- Executive presentation and public speaking
- Technical background, both as a dev and dev lead
New Relic — Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Principal Product Marketing Manager, Open Source — May 2020-Present
Principal Solutions Marketing Manager, Digital Customer Experience (now Digital Experience Management) — November 2018-May 2020
Built the strategy for New Relic’s Digital Customer (DCX) solution and executed on it. Led creation of DCX Marketing and Sales content. Integrated DCX into New Relic’s campaigns and tactics. Represented New Relic as an external speaker.
- Built New Relic’s DCX solution strategy. Analyzed internal and external content developed for and tactics previously used by other New Relic solutions. Performed competitive analysis. Developed a DCX content and tactics roadmap and calendar.
- Wrote New Relic’s DCX solution positioning and messaging. Described how we wanted the DCX solution perceived by the market, who our targeted personas were, and wrote taglines, copy blocks, and email templates for use by Marketing and Sales.
- Created DCX solution content for Sales. Collaborated with the solution consulting group from Sales to build industry specific DCX content (e.g. pitch decks, solution guide decks, industry primers, discovery questions, objection handling, etc.). Targeted four industries: Media, Retail, FinServ, and Travel.
- Integrated DCX solution into Marketing campaigns and tactics. Worked cross-functionally with demand generation, content and creative, digital marketing, and field marketing. Led creation of and co-wrote content (e.g. articles, solution sheets, white papers, etc.) and landing pages. Developed an event response campaign and cadence.
- Represented New Relic as an external speaker. Presented on the importance of DCX for modern, digital businesses and connecting technical application performance to business outcomes. Presented at New Relic’s FutureStack Los Angeles 2019, WP Engine Summit 2019, and Gartner IT Symposium Xpo 2019.
AT&T Mobility & Entertainment — El Segundo, CA
Lead Product Marketing Manager, Video Lifecycle Strategy — June 2017-November 2018
Built analytical models and business cases for strategic project analysis. Managed enablement projects for product go-to-market, ensuring ancillary systems and processes worked correctly for customers.
- Built the analytical model and business case that got Netflix on AT&T TV’s upcoming streaming box. Built analytical scenario model comparing multiple levels of integration with Netflix. Collaborated across teams in Marketing and Corporate Strategy to align on assumptions, key takeaways, and to build the executive presentation deck.
- Developed product sunsetting strategy for AT&T’s IPTV service. Built a yearly profitability model for the IPTV service. Used existing subscriber and revenue as well as churn and churn acceleration projections to project revenue 5 years forward. Collaborated with engineering to build a 5-year IPTV cost projection model.
- Managed product enablement projects. Insured customer-impacting issues did not occur because of internal, cross-team coordination issues. (e.g. Got a customer authentication feature for AT&T TV’s upcoming streaming box in the product backlog, engaged a 3rd party to provide at-home delivery for AT&T TV’s upcoming streaming box, etc.).
- Built profitability models, business cases, and recommendations for VP and SVP-initiated innovation proposals (e.g. TV service for Cricket Mobile customers, a hyperlocal video service, etc.).
Deloitte Digital / Deloitte Consulting (Los Angeles, CA)
Manager, Consulting — August 2016-June 2017
Trusted partner to clients, consulting at Fox for ~2 years. Led teams to create, expand, and maintain custom-built business applications for a diverse set of companies, from startup (Human Longevity Inc.) to Fortune 10 (AT&T).
- Led expansion and maintenance of Fox Theatrical’s global release planning application. Managed two different teams of onshore and offshore consultants and developers through two major expansion projects. Led a cross-functional teams of marketing users, IT leadership, and our consultants through the entire SDLC for each project.
- Served as a trusted client partner. Traveled with my primary client at Fox to Europe and Asia to introduce Global Marketing to major updates of the global release planning application and promote application use in non-Domestic regions. Also used these trips to gather first-hand feedback on the application that informed future features and fixes.
- Recognized with “Extraordinary Moments” award from company leadership for being a company-wide top performer at my level multiple years consecutively.
Senior Consultant — July 2014-August 2016
- Managed tech consulting projects for a variety of companies. Led teams of business analysts, consultants, and developers through project design and delivery (e.g. Led a team through development of a digital marketing transformation roadmap for a major grocery wholesaler, led a team through the deployment of a tailored Salesforce CRM application for a biotech startup, etc.).
Summer Associate (June 2013-August 2013)
- Defined program management processes and quality management plan for a multi-project, customer service enhancement program at T-Mobile. Established PMO reporting templates and cadence.
National Technical Systems — Calabasas, CA
Microsoft Dynamics ERP Administrator — June 2009-July 2012
Led a cross-company ERP implementation serving 600+ business users at 20+ facilities. Managed 2 internal developers and 7 consultants through design, development, and delivery of system customizations.
- Led cross-functional team of business users from finance, sales, marketing, operations, and IT; developers; and consultants to consolidate fragmented CRM, sales, and financial systems into a single ERP system.
- Owned yearly project CapEx budget for the ERP system. Worked with CIO to build yearly CapEx requests. Managed hardware purchases, software licensing, 3rd party add-on licensing, and consulting costs.
Timber Products Company — Springfield, OR
Computer Programmer / Analyst — June 2007-June 2009
Collaborated with business users from inventory management, sales, logistics, accounting, and finance to design, development, and delivery of enhancements to the company’s Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.
ViewPlus Technologies — Corvallis, OR
Product Development Assistant — November 2004-June 2007
Developed testing protocols for and tested Braille printer drivers and firmware for release. Developed a text-to-Braille application for release.
University of Southern California
MBA, Masters of Business Administration — Graduated May 2014
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Business Honor Society.
- Program Lead, Marshall Case Competition Program.
- Trained fellow MBA candidates on how to compete in case competitions, and coached case competition teams. Program achieved 89% participation rate for the class of 2015.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Business Advisory Council Research Project. Foreign Direct Investment across APEC: Impediments and Opportunities for Improvement.
- Large, 12-person, MBA research project sponsored by and presented to APEC.
- Led data analysis team. Sourced and sanitized data, built SQL database, developed data analysis methodology, and led team of 3 MBA candidates though creation of country data analysis slides.
- Director of Technology Consulting, Marshall Consulting & Strategy Club.
- Business of Entertainment Graduate Certificate from the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
Oregon State University
BS, Computer Science — Graduated June 2007
- Cum Laude.
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon, Computer Science Honor Society. Other